Monday, March 22, 2010

Recipes


Just thought I would post the recipe for the Texas Sheet Cake. Be sure and read the directions as this cake is not made as you would normally make a cake. I got this recipe from recipezaar.com so I cant take the credit for it. Just would highly recommend it to yall.

Texas Sheet Cake *****

Batter:
1 cup margarine or butter, melted (I used margarine)
1 cup water
4 T. cocoa
2 cups white sugar
2 cups plain flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla

For Batter: Put margarine, water and cocoa in a large pan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add the rest of the batter ingredients. Mix with electric mixer until very smooth. Pour into an 11 X 16 X 1.5-inch jelly roll pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

Frosting:
1/2 cup margarine or butter
4 T. cocoa
6 T. milk
1 lb. box confectioners sugar
1 cup walnuts, chopped (I used pecans)
1 tsp. vanilla

For Frosting: Bring margarine, cocoa and milk to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in confectioners sugar and nuts. Add vanilla. Pour on cake as soon as it comes out of the oven.

Notes: I mixed the batter as instructed. Next time I'm gonna add 1 tsp. cinnamon and 1 tsp. instant coffee as suggested in the comments section. I also used a slightly bigger pan which made them thinner but still just perfect for what I needed. Also do not start the frosting until about 5 minutes before cake comes out of the oven as you don't want it to harden before needing. They tasted like a fudgy, chewy brownie and I could of ate half the pan. This cake is perfect for a large gathering as it makes a lot. I got 48 servings out of my pan. I give this recipe a 5*.

No comments:

Post a Comment